Uh...Happy New Year, I guess...

>> January 8, 2009

So it's ridiculous, I know, that I haven't blogged in forever and even forever ago was to simply say I haven't blogged in forever.  I've had an excuse, really I have.  We are finally out of our, staying with our wonderful friends, whose wireless internet I cannot access.  Don't ask, long story.  So I'm highjacking her internet straight from the modem for this short time so I can let everyone know (my fantasy life consists of a whole boat-load of lurkers out there) that I am still alive.  


We made it out of the apartment.  It took professional movers the entire day to pack up all my crap.  Granted, I had managed to pare it down quite a bit.  We got it down from 500 cubic ft in our estimate to 335 actual cubic feet.  Whew!  I wonder if I'll even remember what all is in there by the time it arrives.  It'll be like Christmas all over again.

We spent New Year's Eve in our friends apartment, splayed out on the couch, completely exhausted from that day's cleaning, packing up the remainder of things that were coming with us or getting shipped air freight, and driving out to our friends in the 'burbs.  We watched the ball drop in New York and called it a night. 

My mom was with us for another 4 days and we managed to do a lot and even relax a little during that time.  It was much harder to see her leave this time.  Before, it's always been a bit of a given that we'd see her again in a few months, now that we're going to be so much farther away, that's not so sure a thing.  Asher will have changed so much by the time she sees him again.  I'm just so glad that she was able to be with us during this time and help out so much with him.

Asher had his 9 month check up yesterday and he's still in the 90th percentile pretty much across the  board.  Apparently he should be leveling out now a bit.  I hope so, it would be nice to not have to buy new clothes every two months for this kid. 

So now it's 6 days and counting (7 if you look at the day we arrive as opposed to the day we leave).  Starting to get excited.  The biggest thing for me right now is just that we'll be able to settle down and get my poor little man back on a schedule.  This last month has been really hard on him, he rarely gets sick and he's had a stomach bug twice and now has a cold, mostly with the congestion in his chest.  Poor little mite.  And to avoid keeping entire households awake that have been kind enough to take us in, he's been sleeping with me (did I mention Jeff is on night shifts all this time?) and being nursed a couple times a night.  I look forward to getting him back on a schedule and getting him to sleep through the night.  We had been doing so well before all this moving around started so I'm confident we'll get back to that pretty quickly.

Last thing before I head to bed:  Teeth!  Little man has been teething non-stop since the end of November.  His bottom teeth broke through sometime in October, then he had a bit of a break, end of November saw his top teeth come through, the fourth while we were in Calgary, and now he already has two more teeth on the bottom (that's 6 in total for those of you keeping track) and now he's working on the 7th up top with the 8th not far behind.  At this rate, he's going to have a mouthful by the time he's One.  Wow.  And I told you about the crawling right.  He's getting to be quite speedy, and bold.  Yikes, have to do a bit of baby-proofing on the new house.  I'm also starting to get a little excited about all the shopping that awaits us, just don't tell Jeff ;).

2 people had this to say:

Unknown January 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Hey, Heather. I AM lurking. And it's good to read an update. I pray for your safe travel and for you to sense God's presence before you as you cross the pond.

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM  

Hi Honey, I'm not exactly lurking, but I do check for updates every day or so. I am praying that all will go well/according to plan. I hope the plan is for everything to go smoothly, BUT IF NOT...our confidence is in Him who directs our steps. You are all much in my thoughts and prayers for your journey...and I'm with you in spirit. Which isn't much good when it comes to hands-on helping, but if I could, I would...Love to you my precious child, and to your precious family. :-)Momsy

About This Blog

I love this adventure I'm on with my Rocket Scientist. The most recent addition to our expedition has me in awe daily. I can't wait to see My Little Man as a big brother. We started off by moving from Western Canada to Chicago and now we're in the UK. Will this Strange Mamma ever not feel like a stranger in the land?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP