Umm....yeah....

>> September 11, 2009

You know when you mean to call someone, but you put it off and put it off and it gets later and later and you think of all the reasons you can give as to why it took you so long to call but the longer you leave it the more pathetic those excuses seem and you don't really want to face it so you put it off some more...yeah, it's kinda like that.

I seem to only be able to blog when things are pretty much going okay.  When I get overwhelmed by stuff or long buried crap comes up I seem to just kind of shut down and don't want to really talk to anyone.  Apparently including all my bloggy friends.  And there a few of you out there that I do consider friends, or at least friends in the making.  I wish I could say life's just been busy but I it hasn't.  I can't even say that I haven't had much to say lately but there's been a ton of crap running around inside my head, but none of it wants to come out.  It just all sounds pathetic and self-serving to me. 

Even this I didn't want to write, but either I am going to keep up with this blogging thing or I'm not and I have missed it.  I do have a lot of non-crappy things that I could have blogged about but I seem to not be able to do fluff when life isn't feeling fluffy.

Most of you, I've kept up with, I just haven't had much to say in the way of comments either.  I'll be back soon, I'm sure.  Just a little note to say I'm not dead.

5 people had this to say:

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Take your time.

Eternal Lizdom September 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

You know... blogging can be so therapeutic. There have been times when I sit down and passionately start venting about work or parenting or whatever and by the end, I find I've come up with a "game plan" to try and make it better. Or I've come to a point where I recognize my blessings.

And you know you can always e-mail me or send me a message on FB! I hope I'm on that list of friends / friends in the making!!

Unknown September 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Heather, I prayed for you. I think that many who have the creativity to write also have the propensity to struggle -- it's the substance that becomes art. A few years back, Ken Gire wrote Windows of the Soul; it really helped me in this area.

C. Beth September 12, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Heather--I'm really sorry it's a rough time for you. And I'm glad you feel free to admit that. No perfection expected or required...no need to blog daily or be cheerful.

I have a guest post for you-I meant to write it early and am sorry I didn't get it done until today. I'm out of town and don't have your email address with me; it's saved on my hard drive at home. Can you email me at cbethblog@gmail.com? Then I can email you the post and you can use it if and when you like.

I'll pray for you.

Slices of Beauty... September 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

You are so right, not easy when you are not 'feeling' all right.

Please feel free to pop in anytime or drop a line here, slicesofbeauty@gamil.com

Hope you feel better soon.

About This Blog

I love this adventure I'm on with my Rocket Scientist. The most recent addition to our expedition has me in awe daily. I can't wait to see My Little Man as a big brother. We started off by moving from Western Canada to Chicago and now we're in the UK. Will this Strange Mamma ever not feel like a stranger in the land?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP