A Fortnight

>> March 28, 2009

I cannot believe it has been so long.  Is anyone still there?  If you are I apologize for my absence.  In my defense, there has been a lot going on.  Janet was here for a week.  We survived all our driving around.  Yes, we all survived and yes, I did get lost a few more times, but we always had great adventures.  There will be stories and pictures shortly.

The day that Janet left, Jeff, Asher, and I headed for Cambridge for 4 days for a conference.  We stayed in a lovely little B&B and Asher and I took long naps and spent our afternoons wandering the city.  I even got to do a bit of shopping.  I'll post pictures and stories soon.

Did I mention there's been a lot going on here?  Between dropping Janet at the airport and leaving for Cambridge our boxes arrived.  Most of the floor space of our living room and all of Asher's nursery were completely covered in boxes.  (Yes, I'll share pictures of that, too)  Which of course I had to leave behind to go to Cambridge.  I practically itched to get at them.  I got a good two days of unpacking in once we returned before my neck made it too painful to move my head let alone boxes.  It's still kinked but will hopefully be better in time for me to finish getting the house ready for Asher's birthday party next Saturday.  

Asher did quite well being out as much as we were, but he didn't really get a chance to kick his cold so it's now going on past it's third week. I think it's finally on its way out though.  At least I sure hope so, there has not been a lot of sleep in this house lately.  He has also been teething, what seems like all the rest of his teeth at once, if his drool, chewing, and crankiness are any indication.  We're getting ready for his 1st Birthday!  Yay!  Stories and pictures, of course, will follow.

I am finally kicking my cold (thank goodness) and Jeff has caught his first UK cold.  Unfortunately it has hit him much harder than it did us.  Of course now that I am finally not sick, something had to happen. I have twisted my neck and flared up an old whiplash injury.  I didn't think it was too bad at first but it's now three days of considerable pain and I am not a happy camper.  And it couldn't have come at a worse time.  But don't we always say that.  Don't worry, this is it for that story and there are no pictures.

So that's the fortnight in a nutshell.  There are several things I want to expound on and I hope to do so over the next few days, but you'll forgive me if I don't always make it.  The pain in my neck has taken the writing of this blog from a few minutes to two hours.  And now that my warm rice sock is no longer very warm and it's time for my next dose of pills and my nice warm bed.


3 people had this to say:

Angela March 29, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Wow. That's a really busy couple of weeks. Glad to see you're back. I can't wait to see the pics & read all about it.

Rachel Cotterill March 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I hope you feel better soon! The blogosphere will still be here once you're recovered, so don't feel pressured if typing is painful.

Lina April 2, 2009 at 3:35 AM  

yeah, I noticed you were missing. I was too - in Squidoo. Somehow I find it more fun writing there. Glad you're OK - welcome back.

About This Blog

I love this adventure I'm on with my Rocket Scientist. The most recent addition to our expedition has me in awe daily. I can't wait to see My Little Man as a big brother. We started off by moving from Western Canada to Chicago and now we're in the UK. Will this Strange Mamma ever not feel like a stranger in the land?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP